Should You Remodel or Sell?
If you find yourself asking this question, here are some things to consider:
• Do I love my current home’s location?
• Do I have space (inside and out) for an addition?
• Will remodeling address my biggest concerns about my home?
• Do I have a place to temporarily move during the remodel?
A YES to most of the above means remodeling is probably in your future.
• Do you anticipate needing more space than a remodel can provide in the next 5 years? (more bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.)
• Will remodeling put your home above neighborhood value?
• Would you prefer a home that’s closer to your everyday places (work, school, shopping) or do you desire a different school district or a larger lot?
Are most of these questions a YES? Find a realtor and at the very least, take a look at what’s on the market.
Whether you’re leaning towards remodeling or moving, I’d be happy to do a quick analysis on your neighborhood and give you the stats you need to go along with your decision!
This content is not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR's viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.